Skip to main content

Kashmiri Paneer Chaman Recipe, How to make Kashmiri Paneer Chaman

 Kashmiri Paneer Chaman

Kashmiri Paneer Chaman
This is a very special dish of Kashmir. It is special because milk and saffron are used in this dish. In this dish, paneer is boiled with saffron and milk till the milk becomes thick.

Ingredients

  • 400gm of Paneer
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 8 cloves
  • 1tsp fennel powder
  • 1/3 tsp dry ginger powder
  • 2 cinnamon stick
  • 4 green cardamom
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Pinch of Saffron
  • Pinch of Turmeric
  • 2tsp Mustard oil
  • Salt as per taste

Process of making Kashmiri Paneer Chaman

  •  Cut Paneer into 3' x 1' pieces.
  • With a pinch of saffron boil 1 cup milk.
  • Turn off the heat and soak the pieces of paneer in milk.
  • Other preparation.
  • To 1/4 cup of water add the turmeric, fennel powder and mix well.
  • Set aside.
  • Making the chaman qaliya
  • In saucepan heat the mustard oil to smoking point. The mustard oil should become colorless.
  • Turn down the heat and let the oil cool a bit.
  • Add cumin, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, bay leaves and stir for few seconds
  • Add water with spice powder and bring it to simmer. Turn the heat to low.
  • Add 1 cup milk and the milk that the paneer is soaked in. Do not add the paneer at this stage. Over low heat, simmer the milk for about 5 to 7 minutes.
  • Add the pieces of paneer
  • Over low heat, let the paneer cook in simmering milk till the milk thickens a bit. Turn off the heat. Cover and let the Chaman Qaliyan rest for about 10 minutes.
  • Serve warm with rice or chapati

This blog is created by watching Food Tak YouTube channel video.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story of Indian politics MISDEED PRIDE 1.2

Misdeed pride 1.2 (chapter-1) politics and contract I was able to understand that I heard voice from some distance with abuses. I was scared. I felt I do not even take interest in politics. How can it hurt me then? I told him brother, I do not even have interest in politics. So he said that you were the only one at the booth who did not vote for our party and voted on the horse impression. I am a little young, I cannot vote. Were do I vote for horse impression? This is India where you vote or not. If you are present at the booth, then understand that you will have to vote for someone, like a man or woman who is not in their native village or residence, somewhere else has settled in the city. Instead, someone will go by casting a vote and his vote will go only for the candidate of his cast or religion. How many people do not have their own voter ID cards. Still come by voting. With the help of non-voter ID and with a poling agent, this is known as vote poling. I started thinking that wh...

Ticket to politic MISDEED PRIDE 2.6

  Misdeed pride 2.6 (chapter -2) Lost in the mud I wanted to go through the deeper side of the politics because I think I was taking  interest in politics. I called Soniya and told her to join the party and got ticket from some where. Soniya told me to not. But i insisted him and finally she has agreed with me. We both went to Lalan Singh to talk about it. On the way Soniya asked me that why not i join the party and go through the election. I just told her that I want to just rule the party not to just became like the a particular area's leader. She laughed at me and then also laughed waiting her laughing. She said to me that do I want to become a political Hero. I said, no. I went to the party office and there I saw that SHO was also in the room. He was talking to Lalan Singh about something. Suddenly, he looked at me. I got scared and looked to Soniya. She also didn't understand that what was going to happen at that time. These all the reasons to afraid of that situation was...

story of Indian politics MISDEED PRIDE 1.3

Misdeed pride 1.3 (Chapter-1) Politic and Contract I have noticed that after 2014 the population of religion contractors has increased. Like frogs and fish in pond. Everyone started considering themselves as devotees of lord Rama. Everyone started considering themselves as devotees of lord Shankara. Among them are people from age 14 to age 25 who used to get money from parents and there was no one to take account. Shiva devotees consuming cannabis and those who sent fake messages on Facebook Whats app were called Ram devotees. I myself have seen good people ruining their lives in politics. Thousands of new parties had came like Shiva organization, Shiva youth organization and etc. How many such parties had been formed. Different types of parties were being organized in every religion. who was doing this, no political party, no big leader, no social worker, no social organization. All this was the reason for the youth's own brainwash. In all these, the lives of the youth were seen t...